I'm Julie, and painting is my most favourite thing to do in the whole world! I've done a whole bunch of different things in my career, but hosting paint parties has been the most rewarding endeavour of them all! I've outlined a bit of my life for you to get a glimpse of the experience I bring to the table! I absolutely LOVE teaching, and I hope I get the chance to teach you and your friends one day!
Here's my timeline:
• Travelled to Europe for 10 weeks at 22 Years old
• Caught the travel bug and moved to British Colombia when I was 23 years old
• Bought a van, travelled, wrote songs and settled in Tofino, BC.
• Spent a couple of years in Victoria, BC, and played guitar, bass, drums and vocals for the band AfroSuitBike.
• In 2006 we released a full length CD
• Through a random series of events decided I wanted to be an Painter
• Created my beloved character Project Monster; an adorable red monster that hops around.
• Opened Project Monster Studios with my friend Lisa in Tofino, BC
• Made a very small name for myself with my whimsical tree paintings.
• Closed the Studio House in 2011 (boo)
• Moved back to Southwestern Ontario in 2012
• Wrote and Illustrated my first Children's Book: Project Monster's Alphabet Adventure
• Launched a successful crowd funding campaign to self publish my book in 2013
• 2013-2016 performing weekly singing and playing my acoustic guitar
• Had the most beautiful daughter in July 2016
• 2017 Recently started to host and facilitate Julie's Paint Party, bringing my painting to the public again!
• Got married to my best friend Jay in May 2017! YAY!
• June 2017 Started Quill Apparel and Printing Co.
.... TBD ;)
So that's that. I do a little bit of everything, and I'm always thinking of new ways to share the talents I was so blessed with!
Please enjoy my website and take a look around, let me know if I can help :)