I am Julie Robinson, and I am a Visual Artist, Musician and Author from Southwestern Ontario, Canada. When I was 12 years old, I said out loud that I want to go down in History as "JULIE ROBINSON: ARTIST, MUSICIAN & CHILDREN'S BOOK ILLUSTRATOR" …. and that's what kind of happened!
Here's my timeline:
• Travelled to Europe for 10 weeks at 22 Years old
• Caught the travel bug and moved to British Colombia when I was 23 years old
• Bought a van, travelled, wrote songs and settled in Tofino, BC.
• Spent a couple of years in Victoria, BC, and played guitar, bass, drums and vocals for the band AfroSuitBike.
• In 2006 we released a full length CD
• Through a random series of events decided I wanted to be an Painter
• Created my beloved character Project Monster; an adorable red monster that hops around.
• Opened Project Monster Studios with my friend Lisa in Tofino, BC
• Made a very small name for myself with my whimsical tree paintings.
• Closed the Studio House in 2011 (boo)
• Moved back to Southwestern Ontario in 2012
• Wrote and Illustrated my first Children's Book: Project Monster's Alphabet Adventure
• Launched a successful crowd funding campaign to self publish my book in 2013
• 2013-2016 performing weekly singing and playing my acoustic guitar
• Had the most beautiful daughter in July 2016
• 2017 Recently started to host and facilitate Julie's Paint Night, bringing my painting to the public again!
• Getting married to my best friend Jay in May 2017! YAY!
So that's that. I do a little bit of everything, and I'm always thinking of new ways to share the talents I was so blessed with!
Please enjoy my website and take a look around, let me know if I can help :)